Read the post below first!

I forgot to mention that we also explored a castle in Consuegra. It was right by the windmills.

It was pulling me up, up, and away!

The Don Quixote windmills in Consuegra

Madison and me in the Orange Tree Patio outside of the Mezquita in Cordoba

The double arches inside the Mezquita

The old Roman Bridge...this thing was huge!...for an old Roman bridge, that is.

Here we are in some famous street in Cordoba...there were flower pots all over the walls in the narrow little street.

Here we are at the Alcazar de los Reyes Catolicos. The building is the Real Alcazar. I'm taking the picture from the gardens.

More Alcazar gardens

Some more gardens at the Alcazar

Medina Azahara

Eating the "strawberries" off of the tree!

Here we are at the ruins of Medina Azahara. I think we are standing in Jafar's Palace right now.

Coltan and I at the Real Alcazar in Sevilla (different from the Alcazar de los Reyes Catolicos in Cordoba)

More gardens at the Real Alcazar in Sevilla

Gardens/Patio at the Real Alcazsar in Sevilla

Building in Sevilla at night. I think this is the Giralda that we walked up 35 ramps to get to the top of the next day.

The view of the rest of the Cathedral from the Giralda

The Cathedral in Sevilla...it's kind of a big deal

The Plaza de Espana where part of Star Wars 1 was filmed

Flamenco dancers in Sevilla

More Flamenco dancers in Sevilla

View of Granada from the tower of the Alcazaba which is right by the Alhambra

Inside the palace of Carlos V right by the Alhambra in Granada. They used to have bull fights down below

Patio inside the Alhambra

My new Spanish friends that I made inside of the Alhambra! (I actually think they look more Mexican than Spanish...so I don't really know where they're from, but they speak Spanish). Alejandro is the little boy that came up and started talking to me. He was adorable! I took some family photos for them there. The mom is taking this picture for me.

One of the patios inside the Alhambra. It is called the patio of the lions because there is a big fountain surrounded by statues of lions in the center and is one of the most recognizable/famous parts of the Alhambra. Unfortunately, the lions were gone for repairs when we went :(

Once you leave the Alhambra, then you get to explore all of the amazing gardens around the Alcazar (the Generalife)...here was one small part

More of the Generalife

More Generalife

A view of the city from one of the arches in the Generalife right before we were getting ready to go

Madison and I at the Moorish baths
Well these are going to have to do for now! I hope you enjoy them! I still have 3 more trips to put up...yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment